Tier 1 | All
Tier 1 includes universal promotion/supports for all children through nurturing and responsive relationships and high-quality environments. At the universal level, we include the practices needed to ensure the promotion of the social development of all children.
Nurturing and responsive relationships include:
- Engaging in supportive, responsive and positive interactions with children.
- Establishing constructive relationships with families and team members in the collaborative support of the children’s social-emotional competence.
High-quality supportive environments include:
- Providing positive descriptive feedback.
- Promoting child engagement through developmentally appropriate learning opportunities.
- Teaching rules and expectations.
- Supporting families to use practices to support social-emotional learning.
- Promoting inclusive early care and education environments.
- Designing developmentally appropriate physical environments.
- Intentionally teaching social-emotional skills.