The Writing Recipe workshops, presented by Dorina Sackman-Ebuwa
Florida Teacher of the Year and National Teacher of the Year finalist Dorina Sackman-Ebuwa, founder of B.E.L.I.E.V.E. (Be the Educators who LEAD to Inspire and Empower Via Excellence!™), will offer two virtual workshops in January as a follow-up to her popular 2022 NeMTSS Summit presentations focused on “The Writing Recipe” — an effective writing instruction approach she created.
Miss Dorito, as she is affectionately known by her students and colleagues, will present, “Fuel the Fire Follow-Up with Miss Dorito! The Writing Recipe part DEUX,” on the following dates:
- Monday, Jan. 23, 2023 from 4 to 5 p.m. CST (3 to 4 p.m. MST)
- Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2023 from 8 to 9 a.m. CST (7 to 8 a.m. MST)
Who can participate?
These sessions are free and open to all Nebraska educators, but registration is required. Please register here to receive the Zoom information.
Whether you attended Sackman-Ebuwa’s breakout sessions at this year’s summit or not, you are invited to join either of her exciting and interactive workshops to connect with fellow educators and discuss reading and writing instruction using her writing recipe. This unique approach engages students in exciting writing lessons with embedded social-emotional strategies, while strengthening their writing abilities and emotional intelligence… if you B.E.L.I.E.V.E.!
- Learn about The Writing Recipe and how it supports students’ academic and personal growth in all classes (yes…content area, too!)
- Understand key strategies to reach and teach all four components of language learning through The Writing Recipe.
- Discover how The Writing Recipe gives you a feeling of being “in their shoes” for an eye-opening, game-changing lesson on your “perspective gap.”
- Learn how to scaffold real Nebraska lessons and truly see what rigor with scaffolds looks like while incorporating The Writing Recipe for teacher and student empowerment.
Have a lesson to share?
If you have a reading or writing lesson you would like to share (on any subject) with the group and receive feedback on, please indicate your willingness to share when you register. Sackman-Ebuwa is looking for examples of elementary, middle and high school reading or writing lessons for each session and prefers close-to-home lessons to enhance the empowering experience.