SEBL Coffee Connect: Spring 2023
The NeMTSS team is excited to continue SEBL Coffee Connect in spring 2023. This virtual event series aims to build collaboration, community, and capacity among educators and others implementing social, emotional and behavioral learning (SEBL) in Nebraska schools.
Each session will start with information from NeMTSS SEBL specialists Emily Arkfeld, Jill Guenther and Mackenzie Riedel, and then allow time for questions and sharing from participants.
These conversations are free and open to all Nebraska educators and those working to support SEBL across the state. Registration is required to receive the Zoom information.
We encourage you to register soon and save the dates!
Two 45-minute virtual sessions will be offered per date. Please choose the time slot that fits your schedule best:
- 7:30 to 8:15 a.m. CST (6:30 to 7:15 a.m. MST)
- 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. CST (7:30 to 8:15 a.m. MST)
SEBL Coffee Connect theme
This spring, the theme for the Coffee Connects will focus on connecting and embedding SEBL. Each month, we will focus on a different area within this theme with the hope that, by the end, participants will truly see that SEBL is not “something else” on their plate — but that it really is the plate.
SEBL Coffee Connect dates
- Jan. 25, 2023 – Ringing in 2023 with Positive Practices
- Feb. 15, 2023 – Using SEBL Data to Problem Solve
- March 8, 2023 – Layering SEBL Supports
- April 19, 2023 – Connecting SEBL to College, Career and Community Readiness
- May 17, 2023 – Supporting SEBL at Home
How to register
To register online, please complete this form and we will send you calendar invites for the specific dates/times you register for prior to the sessions.
- The same Zoom link will be used for all sessions.
- Each session will be recorded for anyone who would like to rewatch the presentations by the SEBL specialists.
- Discussions will not be included in the recording and any comments will be de-identified to protect the participants in the online learning space.
Summer SEBL Coffee Connect
There will also be a special summer Coffee Connect on July 19, 2023: Creating a Classroom Environment for Well-being .
If you have questions or ideas for future topics, please email our SEBL specialists at email@example.com.